Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weekly Card Challenge: Sewing Butterflies

I absolutely adore the oodles of butterflies on the Huckleberry Hill paper in his month's kit. I love fussy cutting, but I just could not bring myself to cutting out all those lovely butterflies. Instead, I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch which fit inside the printed butterflies perfectly! Arranging the butterflies in a grid pattern and sewing down through the centers reminds me of the butterfly specimen examples from science class. This is a great way to add dimension to your projects. Try it out! Upload your completed project in the LRS gallery and be sure to link back to the challenge thread on the LRS message board. I can't wait to see what you do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Need to fix my sewing machine :)