Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekly LRS Challenge

Happy Monday all!! :) It's AnnaMarie here with a new Weekly Challenge! :)

This week's challenge is an easy-peasy one :) - use an element from this month's (or a previous month's :)) kit in any way OTHER than its originally intended purpose.

For example, on this layout I created using this month's BEAUTIFUL Main Kit and Embellishment add-on:


The chipboard sticker photo frame wasn't quite large enough to enclose my two photos (especially as I had tilted the photos), so I cut the frame in half and then snipped the corners at an angle to create photo corners instead. This allowed me to also tilt the "corners" and continue with that same basic whimsical feel throughout the rest of the page. :)



And on this layout (another one created with this month's kit :)):


I started out intending to use the Maya Road Butterfly Mask (also from this month's Main Kit) as a subtle mask on the background paper but once I began misting with the white ink spray, I decided I liked it better incorporated as a dimensional element on the layout instead!


SO let's get started with the challenge! :) You can upload your layout to the Little Red Scrapbook Challenge Gallery HERE and link back in a comment on this post as well. I hope you find this challenge an easy one that gives you a little motivation for scrapping, and that you especially get a chance to play along this week! :)

No comments: