Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekly Challenge-- 8-13

Hello fellow scrapbookers, I hope you are all having a good start to your Monday! Let's get this week started off right, with a little scrapbook challenge :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new August Little Red Scrapbook kit, not only because it features my all time favorite company " Basic Grey " , but it is packed with so many goodies! Sara did such an amazing job picking the right embellishments to go along with this amazing kit!

Because there are so many awesome embellishments, I thought I would make this challenge about using one of them in this kit. Here is my card I made using the "Maya Roads" butterfly masks found in the Main August kit this month.




As you can see, I used the butterfly mask to add a background to my plain cardstock paper. Not only did it make the card stand out more, but it added so much more detail to draw your eye into the card.

My challenge to you, is to use a mask on a card or layout. They add just the right "POP" to your creation. You can use ink (like I did on my card), paint, spray, mist, etc. The ideas are endless!

If you do this challenge, please come upload it to the Little Red Scrapbook challenge gallery, so we can all see what you did and leave a comment!

I can't wait to see what you create!

Nikki

No comments: