Monday, August 6, 2012

A first look...

The August Kit was so enticing that a few of the DT girls already have samples up for you to enjoy!  Meg shared her sketch layout in the last post but also created this beautiful layout...

the misting with the butterfly masks...the layering, the tag on the left with the year...ahhh...I absolutely LOVE what she did here...
Old Pier, Provincetown
\

I created this one with Meg's sketch challenge...I let the paper do most of the work, cutting into it with a craft knife to add the tags to the right and the doily to the left...and I may have used it upside down, but I preferred it this way!



BFF


And Tammy also used the sketch to give us this gem... I love how she cut circles and added stiching, the splatter of mists and the way she replaced the photos at the top with embellies and journaling! 

Explore- August kit

Sketches are so much fun and a great jumping off point to starting a layout.  Hope you'll all join us with the sketch challenge this month.  Just upload your creation to our gallery and then link us up in the sketch thread HERE.  Can't wait to see what you create!

No comments: