Friday, March 30, 2012

Altered Washer Necklace Tutorial - By Design Team Member, Karrie Cook

Supplies Needed:
  • 2” metal washer
  • 1.75” metal washer
  • 30” white cording
  • Pattern paper
  • Butterfly embellishment

Note:  Metal washers can be found at hardware stores.  You can use any size washer desired.



Instructions:

  1. Trace washers on pattern paper and cut out.
  2. Glue to metal washers with Mod Podge.
  3. Sand edges.
  4. Tie cord around both washers.
  5. Add butterfly embellishment with glue dot.


Wear with your favorite spring time outfit!

Thanks Karrie for such a fun and easy tutorial.  I hope this will inspire you to make one for yourself or make one for a sweet gift!

~ Sara ~

1 comment:

Angie said...

Super cute necklace, once my daughter gets a little older I can see making one with her. Although I bet we could make a boy themed one for my son! Very cool! Thanks for the tutorial!